The MEPS program endows its studens with a sound knowledge in economics, econometrics and empirics, bringing them to the frontiers of current research. Furthermore, due to its quantitative orientation, it also trains the students' analytical and logical problem-solving skills and prepares them either for a successful (international) professional career and/or an academic career in high-level economic research.
- Ministries and government agencies (ministries of finance and economic affairs, economic forecasting agencies, competition authorities and central banks)
- International organizations such as the IMF, World Bank, OECD, ECB as well as other European Community institutions
- Employer and employee organizations, consumer organizations and environmental organizations
- The private sector (especially in globally active companies)
- Given the sound education in economic theory and econometric methods the MEPS program can also serve as a first step in an academic career.