The application process
If you want to apply, please submit your application via unisono between Februar 1 and July 15.
- All documents need to be in English or German.
- Please note that we cannot accept applications by regular mail (post)!
Please submit the following documents:
- A statement of motivation: You can either send an audio or video file in which you explain your motivation to study our Economic Policy Master or a letter of motivation. We prefer the audio or video file. For details on how to prepare the media file click here.
- An English language qualification certificate (please see How to apply )
- A copy of your bachelor diploma (in German or English)
- You may also apply even if you have not yet completed your bachelor's degree but will do so by September 30. Instead of you diploma, please attach a copy of your current transcript of records. Please note that a possible admission will be contingent upon you completing your degree by September 30.
- A transcript of records
- APS certificate: Only required in case you attained your graduation certificate in the PR of China or Vietnam.
- GRE scores: You can submit your GRE score to demonstrate your competences in analytical writing and verbal and quantitative reasoning. You may either attach a copy of your test results to your application or you can use ETS (The institution code of the University of Siegen is 8420). Please note that submitting your GRE scores is optional, but recommended.
- An example of your scientific writing like a seminar paper or a thesis
Procedure after your application:
- You will receive a confirmation mail from the unisono system.
- The Admission Commission decides about the eligiblity for the MEPS program. You will receive a mail, as soon as any decisions is made. Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications it is not possible to give individualized reasons for rejection.
- In case of a positive admission decision, you will receive an official admission letter.
- The admission letter contains a list of documents that you need to submit for your enrollment at the university.
- The whole team of Professors and lectures is looking forward to meeting you during the welcome week.
Data information: In order to improve selection processes, we would like to save and study the information shared with us in the application documents. Your information will not be used for commercial aims. Individual information will not be shared with third parties. Only anonymized information of successfull applicants who registered at the University of Siegen will be part of a potential study such that inferences about individual applicants are not possible in case the study will be published. Please, let us know (e.g. via email@example.com) at any point of time if you don’t want us to use of your information for our study or if you want your data to be deleted. Either way, this will not bias the assessment of your application.