Katalog der UB Siegen

Accomodations in Siegen

Studying in Siegen means living in Siegen. As we know that it is not very easy for international students to find an accomodation, we would like to provide some helpful information for our prospective MEPS students.

The Studentenwerk of the University of Siegen provides helpful information on their website. Moreover Ms Wagener is the right contact person for international students looking for accomodations in Siegen (mail to: anna.wagener@studentenwerk.uni-siegen.de). When you are looking for a place in a dormitory make sure to contact Ms Wagener as soon as possbile after receiving the admission confirmation. Furthermore, the Studentenwerk operates an online accomodation exchange where you also find offers by private landlords.

Additionally, the International Student Affairs (ISA) department has established an e-mail service (accommodation@zv.uni-siegen.de for international) students can contact.

Unfortunately, most information and websites are in German language. Still you should try to search for an accomodation as usually all flat-hunting websites are structured quite similar. You can ask your Buddy, your German-speaking classmates, or look up the vocabulary in the dictionary by yourself.

On most websites you can as well insert a petition, too. This way you can tell from when and which kind of accomodation you are looking for.

In addition to that, you can find lots of available rooms by having a look at the pin boards around the campus. You can either search for available rooms or pin up an accomodation-petition by yourself.

Moreover, you can decide to choose a real-estate agent. Of course, in this case you will have to pay brokerage. But if you are not speaking any German at all, this might be a smart way of communicating with potential landlords.

In case you arrive in Siegen without any sleeping possibility the University of Siegen provides emergency accomodations (infos). Contact Ms. Wagener in this regard, please.